Wedding Photo Ideas
Not everyone likes having their photos taken, but weddings are one of the rare occasions where you will have thousands of pictures taken of you in one day. It can be difficult to come up with wedding photo ideas: whether you like having your pictures taken or not.
I know you’re looking for specific ideas. In general I’m open to creative ideas and will work with you if you found a shot online you like. However, please not hearts with your fingers. Too cheesy for me.
I can’t give you specific ideas since there are so many variables. Your willingness, location, weather, size of bridal party are just a few of the factors that affect the pictures we take. Often we come up with the ideas on the spot just because of something that happens to be around. Like this shot of a bride in the tub.
Though I can’t give you specific shot ideas, I can give you general advice to help make your wedding photos stellar.
Maybe I should have titled this,
How to Look Good in Your Wedding Photos.
- Relax. Trust me. Your pictures will tell if you were having fun and enjoying yourself. Hopefully by the time we get around to taking your wedding pictures we would have had an engagement session, so you will be used to having a big camera pointed at your face. That helps on your wedding day. Even if not, there is nothing to worry about. Just me and you and all of your favorite people.
- Be daring. The pictures that everyone remembers are the ones where the couple wasn’t afraid to try something different. Maybe it’s pics of the bride jumping on the bed or the groomsmen making snow angels.
- Give us time. It’s a delicate balance. It sucks to keep your guests waiting, but you also want to make sure you get the shots that will last forever. That said, not always but often, there is a direct correlation between the amount of time we have and how good the shots are. If you care about getting good shots then plan the time to do it.
- Do some prep. You can bring props like a Thank You sign or pics of your parents on their wedding day. Feel free to talk with us about any of your ideas.
- Trust us. Our goal is to make you look good while we capture your memories. Part of why you hire us is to be able to see shots in any location. One of the things I love most about photography is the challenge of getting the shots no matter what situation I’ve been given.
- Keep your chin up. I’m pretty good at shooting in flattering angles. However, you can look more dignified and dramatic if you lift your head just slightly.
Feel free to contact us with any ideas or questions you have.